Oxygen concentrators allow you to stay at home and maintain your usual lifestyle!
Oxygen concentrators offer an alternative for those needing additional oxygen with the use of smaller nozzles for distribution. Unlike large tanks, these devices continuously distribute oxygen without the need for heavy and costly equipment. Thanks to the internet, seniors can find affordable deals on portable concentrators from various manufacturers.
The best part is that these devices are hassle-free and require no installation or special plumbing work. They are compact and lightweight, allowing easy movement around your home, and they are even suitable for camping due to their portability!
How Can Medicare Cover the Cost?
Medicare is a government healthcare system that covers the entire country. It is available to nearly everyone aged 65 or older and individuals with severe disabilities. Besides covering doctors, hospitals, and medical treatments, Medicare also includes coverage for various durable medical equipment like wheelchairs, walkers, and special tools. Additionally, it extends to breathing equipment, including oxygen devices.
Here are the official rules outlined by Medicare regarding coverage for devices like POC:
Medicare provides coverage for the rental of oxygen equipment and related accessories, considering them as durable medical equipment (DME) your doctor prescribes for home use.
Medicare will assist in covering the costs of oxygen equipment, contents, and supplies necessary for oxygen delivery when the following conditions are met:
- Your doctor confirms the need for oxygen therapy.
- Your health could potentially improve with the use of oxygen.
- Other alternative treatments have been unsuccessful.
If you meet the specified conditions, Medicare coverage for oxygen equipment includes:
- Oxygen-providing systems.
- Oxygen storage containers.
- Tubing and other accessories required for oxygen delivery and storage
How to Get Started
If you require oxygen and have Medicare, you likely have most of the coverage you need. Here’s how to get started:
- Explore the options listed below.
- Compare at least 2 or 3 available offers.
- Discuss your preferred choice with your doctor.
- Obtain the oxygen you need for $0!